Crash on file parsing with 1.6.2

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
31 Oct 2001 13:25:18 -0800

--=-6cUnMM3PlNQNuDPr/qhG

On Wed, 2001-10-31 at 01:20, Jesse Becker wrote:
> So I've happily been using gnucash for some time, and have slowly built u=
> enough data so that switching systems would be painful, and the problems
> start...(isn't that always the case?)
>=20
> Basically, it looks to my untrained eye like the data file I've been writ=
ing
> became corrupted somehow.

Judging from the errors below, you have an account without a currency.
You have a couple options:

1) Edit your gnucash data file with a text editor and find a=20
   <gnc:account> block without a <act:currency> block inside
   of it. When you find it, add the act:currency block by
   copying from another account.

2) Restore from your most recent .xac backup file.

> I'm running Gnucash version 1.6.2 (the rpm build) on a Mandrake 8
laptop.  I
> have just started playing with having gnucash fetch quotes from online, a=
nd
> so I ran the 'update-finance-quote' script.  It ran to completion,
> installing and updating a ton of stuff.  Afterwards, fetching quotes stil=
> did not work, so I shutdown gnucash, and restarted it.
>=20
> Gnucash now refuses to read the data file I've been using.
>=20
> If I start gnucash without telling it to open a file, it works fine.  If =
> give it one of the files I've recently created, it does not work.  Creati=
ng
> a brand new (very small) datafile, shutting gnucash down, and re-opening =
the
> file does work.
>=20
> I've tried loading the file from the "Open..." menu option, and via the
> '--load FILE' command line option.  Neither work.

--load is for loading scheme scripts, not data files.

dave

--=-6cUnMM3PlNQNuDPr/qhG

--=-6cUnMM3PlNQNuDPr/qhG--