"You should back up your files regularly..."

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
02 Sep 2001 12:41:39 -0700

--=-RUgsDEX1GgFpA4T18idV

On Sun, 2001-09-02 at 06:52, Randall Hopper wrote:
>    "You should back up your files regularly.  Just copy your GnuCash data
>    file to a floppy or other backup device."
>=20
> I just got this Tip of the Day, so I'll ask.  Gnucash has several files i=
> leaves around in the save directory:
>=20
>        gnucash.dat
>        gnucash.dat.<datetime>.log  (many)
>        gnucash.dat.<datetime>.xac  (many)
>        gnucash.dat.LCK
>        gnucash.<#>.<#>.LNK
>=20
> I'm sure the last two aren't relevent for backups.  And .xac seems to be =
> historical (S)ave backup of gnucash.dat.  But what about the .log files?
> Should I be saving those as well?  Or is there any potential value in tha=
t?

The first is critical to save. You may want to save a few of the more
recent .xac backups for safety, so you can revert to an earlier version
if something goes wrong.

dave

--=-RUgsDEX1GgFpA4T18idV

--=-RUgsDEX1GgFpA4T18idV--