GNUCash stillwon't load...

Tim tmeador@kc.rr.com
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 18:05:03 -0400

I downloaded and tried to install GNUCash 1.6.1 because I was getting "Th=
is=20
file appears to be from a newer version of GNUCash.  You must upgrade Gnu=
Cash=20
to read this files. "  when trying to use v1.4 that came with Mandrake 8.=
0. =20
After hours of tracking down and installing packages to remedy numerous=20
interdependencies between packages, I finally got everything, including t=
he=20
GNUCash 1.6.1 rpm itself to install with no error messages.  but 1.6.1 st=
ill=20
won't load and run.  (And yes, I did uninstall 1.4 before installing 1.6.=
1.)=20
Bringing up a terminal and typing: /usr/bin/gnucash>enter gets this messa=
ge:

/usr/bin/gnucash: error while loading shared libraries:=20
/usr/bin/libguppiplot.so.11 undefined symbol: scm_async_clock

This past my expertise, so I need some help badly.  GNUCash is very impor=
tant=20
for me to get up & running if I'm finally gonna get rid of Windoze.  But =
I'm=20
a raw newbie, just 2 weeks into running Linux.  In general, it's great an=
d=20
I'm catching on some, but definitely no whiz at the command line, so try =
to=20
keep a fix as simple and clear as you can, please.

Thanks for the help...Tim