"This file appears to be from a newerversion of GNUCash..."

Tim Meador tmeador@kc.rr.com
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:20:27 -0400

Hey!

You wrote:
>I've been running Gnucash 1.4.10-1mdk (on Mandrake 8.0). Last Sunday I h=
ad=20
the "This file appears to be from a newer version of GNUCash.  You must=20
upgrade GnuCash to read this file." error message<

I.m a Linux newbie who just started using Mandrake 8.0.  Had this same er=
ror=20
message, with the .lck file thing, when I tried to open .qif files export=
ed=20
from MS Money 2001 in GNUCash 1.4 that came with Mandrake.  Never could g=
et=20
anything to open.  So naturallyI did what it suggested, downloaded the 1.=
6=20
rpm and tried installing it.  Followed the warning that I also needed Gup=
pi,=20
Guile, Slib, and G-wrap for 1.6 to work.  G-wrap & Guile were already=20
installed on mine, and I dowloaded and installed Slib and Guppi befrore=20
installing 1.6.  During the install, an error pop-up said GNUCash needed=20
another file,=20

libgnomeprint.so.11=20

but I went ahead and forced installation, hoping for at least partial=20
functionality 'til I located that file.  But now GNUCash won't even load,=
=20
much less open a file.  Uninstall & reinstall no help.  I should also say=
=20
that when I installed the Guppi 0.35.5-1 .i385rpm it also aske d for a co=
uple=20
of files,

libgnomeprint.so.11 =20
libguile.so.6<>=3DS=20

but I haven't been able to locate any of these three files.   So, I'm hop=
ing=20
you have found a solution, or at least can tell me where to find these fi=
les=20
and where they belong.  GNUCash is a killer app for me, too, and having t=
o=20
still use MS Money is the biggest reason I still dual-boot Win98.

Thanks for any help...Tim