account scrubbing

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 11:16:26 +0200

Jim Hogarth wrote:

> what exactly does scrub do?  I didn't find anything in the help about it.
> I'm using gnucash 1.6.0

:-)))

We had quite some discussion on this question, and the result is that
this action is now (1.6.2) called "to check and repair" instead of "scrub".

 From the glossary (in the source code):

"scrub, to"     "DEPRECATED. To repair unbalanced transactions and
orphan splits in an account tree. Any transactions that have debits !=
credits will get a balancing split added (pointing to a special new
account called 'Imbalance'). Any splits that do not have accounts are
put into another special account called 'Orphan'. Deprecated - use the
term 'to check and repair' now."

Christian