Two expense accounts for one transaction?

Matt Kowske jmkowske@students.wisc.edu
09 Sep 2001 12:35:24 -0500

Question:

Is it possible to enter an expense transaction under two seperate
accounts and have it only count once?  Here is the situation:  I have an
Expense:Auto:Gas account to keep track of how much money I spend on gas,
but I also have a Expense:Travel account that I use to keep track of how
much I spend on traveling.  Now when I use my car to travel and I have
to buy gas to do that, I would like it to record that as both a Travel
expense and a Auto:Gas expense.  Is this possible, without making my
monthly expense report be inaccurate?  Could it somehow only record that
I made the expense once, but under two different categores? TIA

Matt Kowske