ERROR: no such module (g-wrapped gw-runtime)

skinky skinknz@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:02:15 +1200

Hi all

I recently downloaded and installed the following rpms
ftp://ftp.gnucash.org/pub/ :

g-wrap-1.1.10-2.i686.rpm
gnucash-1.6.1-1.i586.rpm
guile-1.4-12mdk.i586.rpm
guile-devel-1.4-12mdk.i586.rpm
Guppi-0.35.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
libguppi11-0.35.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
slib-2d2-1.noarch.rpm
umb-scheme-3.2-17mdk.i586.rpm

Although the installation went smoothly with no dependency problems, I
cannot get GnuCash to run.  I get the following error message when I type
"gnucash" in konsole:

ERROR: no such module (g-wrapped gw-runtime)

I already had the following packages installed:
libghttp1-1.0.9-ximian.7
libxml-1.8.15-ximian.2
libxml2-2.3.4-2tex
gtkhtml-0.12.0-ximian.2
libgtkhtml7-0.8.3-2mdk
glade-0.6.2-ximian.2
libglade-gnome0-0.16-ximian.3
gtk+mdk-0.1.5-5mdk
gtk-engines-0.12-ximian.1
libgtk+1.2-1.2.10-ximian.12
gnome-print-0.28-1mdk
and using ximian-gnome 1.4

I am using Mandrake 8.0 (2.4.3-20mdk).  Anyone know what the error message
means?  If I remember correctly I tried uninstalling g-wrap,
re-downloading and reinstalling it but to no avail.  I am new to Linux but
I'm starting to get the hang of things and I think Linux is soooooo cool
:-).  Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

TIA
skinky