libguppi problem building gnucash 1.6.1 under RedHat 7.1

Thomas Spahni tsp@lawbiz.ch
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:57:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Ken MacFarlane wrote:

> As a followup:  I've now given up on the RPM/SRPMs...to get the RPMS from
> RedHat 7.2 beta to work, it would have required a whole upgrade cycle
> which I wasn't ready for.  I was able to build Guppi 0.35.5 (and
> subsequently gnucash 1.6.2) using the .tar.gz files.

How true. It's the same trouble with old and new distributions. I was able
to compile all prerequisite packages and upgrade to gnc 1.6.2 on a SuSE
6.4 platform compiling from source files.

Thomas Spahni