GNUCash is making up prices

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
17 Sep 2001 11:35:41 -0500

On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 10:11, Robert A. Uhl wrote:
> Don't we still handle a lot of things in milles?

If you have a financial institution that handles dollar amounts in
mills, you can set the resolution of the corresponding Gnucash
accounts to 1/1000 of a dollar rather than 1/100.  I think it's unlikely
that this is the case.

At the moment I don't believe there's a GUI for this, but if it's
important to you, you can pretty easily edit the XML file by hand to
make this change.  Look for the tag <act:currency-scu> in the section
describing the account in question. "scu" means "smallest commodity
unit", and describes the fraction of the currency that can be traded in
and out of that account.  It should be "100" for most USD accounts but
1000 if the account can be incremented/decremented in mills.

b.g.