archiving

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
18 Sep 2001 10:24:37 -0500

On Tue, 2001-09-18 at 10:16, Paul Kinzelman wrote:
> Also, I'd like to be able to archive most of my data, but still
> be able to do reports on it. Intuit's braindamaged solution is
> to delete old years. Is there a way in gnucash to 'partition'
> the database into recent (like the last year or 2) and old,
> but still maintain connnectivity so that reports can be done
> across both?

Not yet.  This is on the roadmap, and there's been some work done in
that direction recently, but I don't think it's on anybody's current
task list.  It's important, but will probably require some significant
restructuring of the way the GNCBook and various backends work to get it
done properly.

> And is there some size limit on the gnucash database?

Just your patience in waiting for it to open :)

b.g.