Will GnuCash ever work for me?

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:40:41 -0400

In a message dated: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:33:02 EDT
Derek Martin said:

>BTW, none of this is likely to help you install the latest versions of
>GnuCash, since the answer there seems to be "install the latest Ximian
>on top of the latest release of your distribution, and then maybe go
>get these few other packages, depending..."  From what I've heard on
>this list, if you don't want to run the latest Ximian on top of the
>latest version of your distro, or can't for some reason (like me),
>you're basically screwed.  You'll apparently have to get an older
>version of GnuCash, or stick with Quicken or the like on M$.

Or you could get rid of RPM-based systems and Ximian all together and
switch to Debian, in which case everything is just an apt-get away ;)

--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon