Will GnuCash ever work for me?

Derek Martin ddm@pizzashack.org
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:17:41 -0400

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 04:01:22PM -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> On Thu, 2001-09-20 at 16:00, Derek Martin wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 05:24:37PM -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:

> > > Ahm, no, I'm running Debian sid, no Ximian on my systems.  I install
> > > gnome, not Ximian Gnome.  2 totally different sets of packages.
> >
> > Gnome 1.4 IS Ximian.
>
> No it's not. Ximian makes a distribution of Gnome 1.4,
> but Ximian is most certainly not Gnome 1.4. For example,
> you can also get a distribution of gnome 1.4 from the
> Gnome Packaging Project.

The Gnome homepage seems to disagree:

http://www.gnome.org/start/

  [Getting Started]
  So you've seen it, and now you want it? Well, this is the right
  place. You have two major options, which one to choose depends on your
  current setup and your skill level:

  Binary packages:
  This is the easiest option. If you just want it to work, right now,
  this is for you. It does require that you're running one of the
  following, though:

    [bunch o' distros deleted]

  If you have any of these, it's really easy. Go on over to Ximian and
  grab their fresh packages, optionally using the extremely friendly
  installer.

The above reference to Ximian is an HTTP link to the Ximian download
page.  The GPP appears to be little more than someone else creating
binary packages from the exact same source code.

Derek Martin          |   Unix/Linux geek
ddm@pizzashack.org    |   GnuPG Key ID: 0x81CFE75D
Retrieve my public key at http://pgp.mit.edu