Q: How to recover from crashing gnucash ?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
23 Sep 2001 13:49:59 -0700

--=-Eprwk9HPuHbA4/Eihwbr

On Sun, 2001-09-23 at 09:14, Ekkehard Goerlach wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I am using gnucash for some months now. Today, after having added many
> transactions into my accounts (with some intermediate saves) I saved and
> closed gnucash. When I now try to start it again it crashes with a 'fatal
> error' after the splash window appears. The first such unsuccessful start
> left a lock file behind.
>=20
> The directory looks now like this:
>=20
> MyGnucash
> MyGnucash.20010818112053.xac
> MyGnucash.20010923134136.log
> MyGnucash.20010923151602.xac
> MyGnucash.20010923154522.xac
> MyGnucash.20010923154547.xac
> MyGnucash.20010923154626.log
> MyGnucash.20010923161112.xac
> MyGnucash.20010923162205.xac
> MyGnucash.20010923163031.xac
> MyGnucash.20010923173924.xac
> MyGnucash.LCK
> MyGnucash.a8c00101.10560.LNK
> gc_equity
> gc_equity_II

Each .xac file above is a full backup of your data
at the indicated date. You should try opening the
most recent one to see if that works and, if not
that, the next most recent one and so on. Once you
find one that works, do a 'diff' between it and
MyGnucash to see what is missing.

dave

--=-Eprwk9HPuHbA4/Eihwbr

--=-Eprwk9HPuHbA4/Eihwbr--