Debit or Credit ?

Thomas Spahni tsp@lawbiz.ch
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:37:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Developers: thanx for this great software!
I just compiled gnc-1.6.3 from sources in the hope that
this would fix what I condidered a translation problem.
It is not.

I use LANG=de_DE

The last 3 columns for my bank account (type bank) are:
   Debit        Credit       Balance   (or:)
   Belastung    Gutschrift   Saldo     (respectively in German)

When someone pays some money to my bank account :-)
I have to enter this into the left column (named "Debit")
to make the balance grow (as it should).

I checked the translations in de.po; they are correct.

However, I would expect to have the columns named in the following
order:

   Credit       Debit        Balance   (or:)
   Gutschrift   Belastung    Saldo     (respectively in German)

I am confused. What am I missing or doing wrong???

Thomas