Debit or Credit ?

Georg Wilckens durandal@nfinity.de
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:31:21 +0200

On Tue, Sep, 25, 2001 at 15:23:21 +0200, Reinhard Mueller wrote:

> I am not a *professional* accountant, but AFAIK they use the German
> terms "Soll" and "Haben", and nothing else. "Belastung" and "Gutschrift"
> is non-accounting talk.

Ack. This should really be changed. However I think here in Germany
the semantics is different. In the US system, there are always
transactions between a credit and a debit account. Not so in
Germany. IIRC, in the German system you can have transactions between
"Soll" and "Soll" as well as "Haben" and "Haben". CMIIW, I will check
on an accounting book I have floating around somewhere - I remember
there were some annoying differences between the systems.

Regards,
	Georg
--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.