Problem accessing GnuCash datafile

Chuck Parker cparkerjr@ec.rr.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:05:04 -0400

After attempting to export a report so I could read it in Mozilla I found
when trying to open Gnucash that I could not and got the following
message"The file appears to be from a newer version of Gnucash.You must
upgrade Gnucash to read this file."  File refers to the data file gnucash. I
can ;however, access, the last backup file gnucash.20010926111731.xac.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem since I don't want to set up my
finances again.
I am running Gnucash 1.4.10 on Linux Mandrake 8.0 with KDE 2.1.1

Chuck Parker