Using gnucash to help budgeting

Nicholas Piper nick@nickpiper.co.uk
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:27:45 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm going to try and use Gnucash to help me budget. I don't want to
use gnumeric completely, because that would mean entering transactions
into more than one place.

I think if I get get from gnucash a text file of some kind, which
shows each of my expense accounts along with a total spent *that
month*, I should be able to come up with something workable.

I thought of creating an Account Summary, which I can then export and
process to clean up a bit... but that will not allow me to select a
period of time, only a particular date.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to go forwards with this ?

Thanks,

 Nick

--
Part 3 MEng Cybernetics; Reading, UK       http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/
Change PGP actions of mailer or fetch key see website   1024D/3ED8B27F