XML size (was: no subject)

Paul Lussier plussier@mindspring.com
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 08:46:34 -0500

In a message dated: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 20:40:02 CST
Rob Browning said:

>I wonder how many people would care if their data were in a
>"directory" rather than a file as long as there were good to/from XML
>export/import commands.

I don't know how else to say this, but I LOVE THE ASCII TEXT FILE!
Please don't change it, at least not for the average home user.

Clean up the ridiculous amounts of .log.* and .xac.* files, muck
with the interface, just don't take away my ascii text file.

Performance is no everything, and once it's loaded, it's loaded and
you're done waiting.

XML may be crap, and not live up to it's hype, but what does.
You've got this working, and apparently prett well from what I've
seen.  Please don't go fix what's not broken purely in the name of
'elegance'.

Has no one else here read The UNIX Philosophy?  Keep it simle, and
keep it text.  If you need it to load faster, buy a faster CPU,
they're cheap now-a-days :)

It's very difficult to run sed 's/Salary/Salary:Taxable/g' on a
database.  I don't *want* to have to know SQL to do the same thing,
nor do I want to run an SQL database on my system or have to wait for
*that* to start up.

Thanks.
--

Seeya,