XML size (was: no subject)

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
03 Apr 2002 13:00:41 -0800

On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 12:02, Paul Lussier wrote:

> My personal feelings here are that the only real arguments for moving
> to an SQL back end are to enhance the programmer's experience, not
> the user's experience.  Performance increases will not be noticed by
> the large majority of users, and I don't really hear anyone
> complaining about performance issues to begin with.  Nor do I hear
> anyone complaining about ridiculously large "core" sizes, or anything
> else.  The only thing I hear people complaining about is the lack of
> certain features.

Actually this whole thread started off with a USER request to revert to
a BINARY format as it was faster, smaller and easier for him. So going
along the lines of your arguments it sort of defeats your point as its
pretty obvious to me that the programmers on gnucash DO listen to what
their users ask for.

Chris