401k loan?

Christopher Scott wabe5@yahoo.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:29:39 -0700 (PDT)

OK, I come here begging for help.  I took out a 401k loan to buy a house.
The "loan" works by paying both principal and interest back into my 401k.
I'm wondering how to represent this by the double accounting in Gnucash.

So, I think things should go as follows:

.  I have my Asset:  Checking, my Asset:  401k, and my
        Liability:  401k loan accounts.
.  Things get sold in my Asset:  401k account.  This money (say, $1000)
        goes to the Asset:  Checking account.  Also, this $1000 needs
        to be represented in the Liability:  401k loan account.
.  Now, every paycheck, I pay back an amount (say, $50).  This amount
        is comprised of interest and principal.  All $50 goes back into
        the Asset:  401k account.  However, only the principal affects
        the balance in the Liability:  401k loan account.

How does this get represented in Gnucash?  Small words spoken very slowly
is appreciated.

Thanks.

=====
--