barchart -> linechart

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
16 Apr 2002 11:07:56 -0700

--=-bzz9DiWw+2QuS052uG4f

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 13:48, raptor@unacs.bg wrote:
> hi,
>=20
> I just starting to use gnuCash, very cool. ( I'm using this also to start=
 learning double-entry accounting and Scheme :"), so i'm making my first st=
eps in both).
> So I was wondering if it is possible to have an option to use linechart, =
instead of barchart (or better combined :") ).

No, the library we use for graphing doesn't support line graphs, sorry.
The library is Guppi, btw.

> More questions:
> Can someone give me link to documentation for accounting for beginners ?

The gnucash manual is pretty good.

> I've read somewhere on the site something about Perl ... any info ?

Not currently supported.

> I saw that gnuCash uses XML as storage, what should one outside program t=
ake care before working with this file ? only the lock file ?

Right.

> Where the XML format is described ?

Check out src/doc/xml in CVS (stable branch).

dave

--=-bzz9DiWw+2QuS052uG4f

--=-bzz9DiWw+2QuS052uG4f--