Closing an account

James Howard howardjp@glue.umd.edu
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:46:52 -0400

On Saturday, April 20, 2002, at 08:21 , Neil Jerram wrote:

>     James> Let's say I close an old savings account or something and I
> want
>     James> to remove the account from GNUCash.  What is the best way to
>     James> deal with this?
>
>     James> It seems to me there should be a checkbox for each account
> which
>     James> causes to no longer be displayed in the account tree, but
> nothing
>     James> like this seems to exist.
>
> You need to think more clearly about what you mean.  What do you want
> to happen to old transactions involving this account?

Obviously, the transactions should remain, just having the account in
front
of me when it is useless is kind of useless, but there should be some
way to
drag it up so I can review history, too.

As someone sent me privately, he created a new top-level called CLOSED
which
is also what I did.  I certainly find this option sufficient, however, I
think
it is messy.

Maybe I have not given this enough thought yet.  :)

Jamie