Fund prices in reports

Dorothea Wiarda/Carl Gross wiarda@dwiarda.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 08:32:05 -0400

Hi,
I'm using 1.6.6 and when I do a balance sheet or account summary
I can only use weighted average for my mutual funds.  If I use
most recent or nearest in time, I get the error below:
";;; WARNING (gnc:exchange-by-pricedb-helper: No price found for ..."
I'm surprised the program can do the harder calculation (keeping track
of all prices and doing a weighted average) and not scan for the last
entry in
the account and get the number of shares and the last price!  Or do I not
understand what these options are meant to do?

I'm a new user who just wants a simple ledger and can keep track of
totals.  Thanks for the help!
carl