Can't configure gnucash-1.6.8 sources

John Thompson John.Thompson@attglobal.net
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:46:14 -0500 (CDT)

I'm trying to compile from the gnucash-1.6.8 source RPM but the configure
script consistently dies here:

config.status: creating src/experimental/gg/Makefile
config.status: creating src/experimental/ofx/Makefile
config.status: creating src/experimental/ofx/dtd/Makefile
config.status: creating src/experimental/ofx/explore/Makefile
config.status: creating src/experimental/ofx/parser/Makefile
config.status: creating src/gnome/Makefile
config.status: creating src/guile/Makefile
config.status: creating src/optional/Makefile
config.status: creating src/optional/swig/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file:
src/optional/swig/Makefile.in

RPM build errors:

I have tried editing the configure.in to remove the references to
optional/swig, creating a new tarball and building from that ("rpmbuild
-ba --target=i686 /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/gnucash.spec") but it still dies
in the same place.

I have also tried building directly from the tarball (ie, without using
RPM, just "./configure;make;make install" but it does in the same place in
the configure script.

What else do I need to do to make this work?

--

-John (John.Thompson@attglobal.net)