http://www.gnome.org/gnome-office/gnucash.shtml

Benoit Grégoire bock@step.polymtl.ca
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:42:39 -0400

On Sat 31 August 2002 09:55, Bruno Trevisan wrote:
> Hi
>
> > > Can GNUCash import comma-separated values (*.CSV)?
> >
> > No.
>
> Why not? is there plans on implementingt it? I have lots of experience
> developing database import scripts for this specific format, in arious
> languages (python, php and java), I would like to help.

Any help is appreciated.  There is currently a generic import infrastructure
being written by me and Christian Stimmings which you could use.  It does the
account matching and transaction matching part.

All that is left for you to do is get the data into gnucash data structures.
Not that this is trivial.

I suggest you grab CVS gnucash and take a look at
src/import-export/generic-import-design.txt
and the ofx module:
src/import-export/ofx/

The ofx module is still very simple and might give you a good idea of what you
have to do.  And don't forget to subscribe and post your questions on
gnucash-devel

Good luck,

--
Benoit Grégoire