Report display problems

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 10:36:46 +0100

Reinke Bonte wrote:

> I have some display problems with my reports:
>
> 1. Amounts over 1 million are formatted very strangely, eg. "--1,393,978
> + 13800382 / -10"

That's probably a 'real' bug :-) and may likely point to overflow
problems when calculating values. Can you perhaps send a sample data
file to gnucash-devel together with a step-by-step description to
reproduce that problem? The easier it is for developers to see that too,
the more likely this is going to be fixed soon.

> 2. The character encoding for Japanese characters is wrong no matter
> which locale I use (eg. "LANG=ja_JP.eucJP"). But the display in the
> register is correct, if I select a Japanese font for the register.
>
> I don't want to file a bug report, because I assume, that many other
> Japanese users have no problems with the display. What settings do
> affect the report display?

Err... same problem here: None of the active developers is using
Japanese fonts. Yes, report display and register display use two
different sets of fonts. Also, textual reports (in HTML, e.g. balance
sheet) and graphical reports (e.g. asset pie chart) are again two
different issues; which ones do you mean? Again, if you can provide
step-by-step instructions how to see that error (LANG settings etc) then
we can get to it quite easily.

Christian