New user - dependency problems

Neil B. Cohen nbc@cisco.com
02 Dec 2002 10:44:41 -0500

Hi,

I've been reading this mailing list on and on for a while, but I have
not been able to even think about using gnucash without complete OFX
support, since that is the only way I can get information from my bank.

So I would like to try the latest release. But when I download it, I
can't get past the dependencies - it wants guile 1.4, but that requires
libdlt which conflicts with something in libtools...

I've seen (and mostly ignored, since I was not ready to try installing
the program) some discussions of dependency problems - is there any easy
way to get gnucash installed or do I just have to upgrade and install
every package one at a time? I'm running RH7.3 with KDE as my basic
system.

Any information would be useful - thanks in advance,

nbc
--
NAME:   Neil B. Cohen (Cisco Systems Inc.)
PHONE:  703-484-3205