GnuCash vs. Quicken

thomas.moersch@accesscomm.ca thomas.moersch@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:06:35 -0500

I have been using Quicken for many years but am now considering switching
to GnuCash.  I am having a bit of trouble wrapping my mind around
double-entry accounting.  I asked my accountant friend about this and he
said "Forget it - keep on using Quicken!  For your personal finances
double-entry accounting is overkill and you will soon get tired of it!"
What are your opinions?  I am having a hard-enough time keeping up-to-date
with my single-entry Quicken accounting.  Is GnuCash right for me?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

http://mail2web.com/ .