Gnucash Foundation [was: Re: Nothing works on Red Hat ]

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:43:02 -0600

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 10:02:16PM -0500, gnucash@cbbrowne.com was heard to remark:
> Linas wrote:
> > There is no gnucash 'tip-jar', and there is no particular reason
> > why there isn't one.  Maybe its time one was set up.
> >
> > 3) Where should the money be collected?  Paypal seems obvious and
> >    popular. But I've also heard horror stories ...
>

> that would be characterized as the "tuck $20 in with a Christmas card"
> approach.

I like this idea.   It does solve a lot of problems (like
administering the damn thing).

-- I could put the street addresses of everyone with cvs access and
   a few other nominees up on a gnucash web page.  Is there anyone
   in this group who would *not* want thier street address listed?

If you don't want your street address listed, but do want to receive
chriostmas cards, then how do we resolve the privacy/disclosure
problem inherent in this?   Make the patron jump through a few
email/web hoops (e.g. registration ) to get the address?

> http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/fssp.html

OK.  The search results were certainly interesting.
The password field in 'create contributor' is broken.

Do you suggest using your site for this, or is a a tad alpha for the
task?  If I start hacking on python, it might not be ready for
christmas ...

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>