Gnucash Foundation [was: Re: Nothing works on Red Hat ]

Reinke Bonte reinke.bonte@web.de
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:01:21 +0900

> Would you be able to use the www.c2it.com service?  I believe that
> the GnuCash Foundation would be able to receive funds there.  I do
> not know if there would be fees to you to send money.
>
> This would actually be a good way that you could help: you can help
> figure out how to convenieintly transfer money from there to here!

I have checked their website, but I have found no way to transmit money
with this service from outside the US. This is all about sending money
from the US to somewhere.

I don't find this service particularly cheap. For international
transactions, you have to pay at least $10 per transaction, that is
almost the same as the standard rate of my bank, and my bank gives me a
much better exchange rate. The spread of the c2it service exchange rate
is five times as big as that of my bank (and I think of most other banks
here).

Has anybody tried to send international transactions with an account at
the postal office. A transfer of any amount up to 12,500 euro from a
German postal office account to a Japanese postal office account costs
exactly 0.50 euro. I don't know whether there is a postal bank system in
the US.

Anyway, I think it is probably best to have one responsible person per
region or give up the tip jar idea.

Reinke

--
"Fun ist ein Stahlbad. Die Vergnuegungsindustrie verordnet
es unablaessig. Lachen in ihr wird zum Instrument des