end of year?

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
05 Dec 2002 20:57:48 -0600

--=-K6IMnCkY5y2mdZeKgiNX

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 13:57, Jason Rennie wrote:
> vherried@insight.rr.com said:
> > What do folks do after a year or so?  Close the account and open
> > another?=20
>=20
> Good question!  I don't see any real down sides to starting a new account
> every year.  I've been using GnuCash for 2-3 years and currently have to
> wait appx. 15 seconds between the time I launch GnuCash and the time I can
> use it.  Also, I've seen cases where a minor error (on my or GnuCash's
> part) screwed up an old reconciled entry (which entry was not obvious),
> which forced me to re-check *every* transaction so that I could reconcile
> against statements again.  I think I'm going to start a new account for
> the 2003 year and see how it goes...

Accounting Periods will eventually be supported.  The idea is to have
periods in different files, so the one doesn't take so long to load.=20
Given the need and desire, hopefully eventually means sooner than later
(there is already somewhat of a skeleton for it).

--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print $i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except=
 me.

--=-K6IMnCkY5y2mdZeKgiNX

--=-K6IMnCkY5y2mdZeKgiNX--