Price Quotes

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
05 Dec 2002 23:35:12 -0800

--=-bRPaeZcVPBHieC8vBl04

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 21:11, Reinke Bonte wrote:
> Thanks to gnucash I have cleaned up my finances of the last year. I want =
to make reports how my finances developed over the last year, but because I=
 have accounts in different currencies and only recent prices for these cur=
rencies, these reports are not 100% correct.
>=20
> Is there an easy way to fill the price database with historical prices?

Unfortunately, no.  Gnucash uses the Finance::Quote perl module to
obtain its stock prices.  This code only obtains the current stock
price.  I found the following on one of their mailing lists as an answer
to the same question.

  Actually, F::Q doesn't... yet.  There's another perl module,
  Finance::QuoteHist, that provides historical quote lookups from
  a couple of places.  There's general plans and ideas to have
  hooks for F::QHist in F::Q, so people can use the same interface
  for both historical and current-time quotes.
=20
David

--=-bRPaeZcVPBHieC8vBl04

--=-bRPaeZcVPBHieC8vBl04--