GnuCash vs. Quicken

Karl F. Larsen k5di@zianet.com
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 12:34:30 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Henrik Ahlgren wrote:

Hi Thomas, your accountant friend is correct. Double book keeping is a
royal pain in the ass, and not required for a personal checking account
and credit card system. But the unpaid writers of gnucash decided, in
error I think, to make the software complex enough to do professional
Double Entry Book Keeping.

	Once they get a few more bugs out I will equip my 2 professional
Book Keepers with both Linux and gnucash and see if it really works.

	Quickin knows who uses their software and will never force
double entry on their customer base.