GnuCash vs. Quicken

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
07 Dec 2002 13:49:41 -0800

On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 13:24, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> 	If anyone is able to make a directory with gnucash 1.6.6 and
> load the backup files to that directory on Red Hat 8.0 I want to hear
> from them, not from you who does not have the same Linux I do!

I have done this multiple times with GnuCash 1.6.6 on RH 8.0, 7.3, 7.2
with success and without the problems you described. I have made backup
files, restored backup files, copied them from previous versions of RH,
other linux versions, etc. In short I have tried, without being able to
_once_ to recreated what you describe with the information you gave.
This is why people request more information from you. I stand behind
Mathews statements. Instead of being combatitive and accussing the
developers of incompetence you need to ask for help and give information
to help them solve your problems. Instead you seem to be set on taking
them to task for what in your mind is the shortcomings of GnuCash. This
is neither constructive nor helpful. So far all you have done is made up
the mind of most people who could help to not help you. I will not reply
again to you.

Chris Lyttle
GnuCash developer
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit