Dependancies

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
08 Dec 2002 14:10:32 -0600

--=-sRFtJ+HxoT0Ylz7Mhd18

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 12:03, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> 	I have searched for the slib part of guile and have had zero=20
> luck. The web page that is given no longer exists. Also looked for=20
> libgal and libdb on the gnome ftp site and can't locate either one! That=
=20
> site has changed since the README for version 1.6.6 was written. I did=20
> find xpm and have a tarball of this.

slib is part of the umb-scheme package on my system. libgal is a
split-out package of the gal package, depending on your distribution
(ximian Gnome desktop splits it out, as does RedHat).  You'll need gal,
gal-devel, and libgal, probably.  These are all on your distribution
disks (disk 1 for gal and libgal, and disk2 for gal-devel).  The libdb
that my gnucash depends on comes from the db1-1.85 package.  RH 8.0
comes with db4--you may want to try compiling with that and see if it
works.

Everything you need is on your distribution disks.  If you start
installing packages from tarballs instead of rpm, you're likely to
overwrite much of what's already installed, and possibly break some
system dependencies.  With a dist like RH, it's better to use the
package manager for this type of stuff.

Be sure to install the -devel packages, or the compile will fail.
--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print $i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except=
 me.

--=-sRFtJ+HxoT0Ylz7Mhd18

--=-sRFtJ+HxoT0Ylz7Mhd18--