Bash and new ways

Karl F. Larsen k5di@zianet.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 15:30:20 -0700 (MST)

	I have been trying to get the file configure to work with the
new layout of guile and g-wrap in RH 8.0. There is the guile exicutable
in /usr/bin/guile and g-wrap and other things are at /usr/share/guile/.

	Configure is looking for guile-config and g-wrap-config in
/usr/bin/ and they don't exist any more.

	I'm not good with bash files but this seems to be the problem
with setting up gnucash on the later versions of RH. At this time this
user of Linux cannot compile gnucash 1.6.6 on RH 8.0 The usual Linux
user would not even try.

	I don't know what guile does but it was involved in the MIT
scheme project that has pretty much ended. It's not clear to me that the
gnucash use of guile is a good thing for future developments.

	By the way the slib is at /usr/share/guile/ now as well.