Installing on Mandrake 9

Michael + Jennifer Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 22:45:57 -0500

Quoting mike <mike1@aabol.com>:

> OK, if anyone has successfully installed the latest GnuCash
> on Mandrake 9, and would share how they did it, I would be very grateful.

When you say latest are you talking CVS, or the latest stable release?  If
you're just starting out I'd recommend installing Mandrake's GNUCash package.
It ships on their CDs it's really easy to install.  Go to the "Install Software"
item under your menus.  When it comes up search for GNUCash.  Select the package
listed there.  Click install and it will worry about all the dependencies.

If you're trying to compile from source that's another story, and a complicated
one to boot.  It can be done, but it takes some work.  (I'm running both 1.6 and
1.8 on Mandrake 9)