Problems printing reports

Laura Conrad lconrad@laymusic.org
10 Dec 2002 10:33:10 -0500

>>>>> "Laura" == Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org> writes:

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Lyttle <chris@wilddev.net> writes:

<helpful stuff about why my reports weren't printing correctly on
Mandrake 8.2 with a mishmash of upgrades>

    Laura> I'll be downloading the Mandrake 9.0 cd's soon.  I think
    Laura> I'll leave it like this and see if gnucash works if I just
    Laura> install everything from there.

I wasn't able to just upgrade to Mandrake 9.0, and since I had to do a
reinstall, I decided to see if the Debian package system was as much
better than rpm as everyone says it is, and it does seem to be true.
gnucash on Debian stable worked out of the box as far as entering
data, but I'm still having trouble with reports.

The versions are GnuCash 1.6.6 and  libguppi16 0.40.3-1

The reports I would most like to print are the expense and income
piecharts.  There are two problems.  One is that, as on my Mandrake
system, the whole report appears on screen, but the top is cut off
when I print it.  I wondered whether this might be the A4/letter paper
problem, but I can't find a configuration that says what paper size I
use.

The other is new to the Debian system -- the pie part flashes on the
screen at a nice size, but then is replaced by a pinhead size, when
the %'s are drawn around it.

So is anyone printing nice piecharts with a system like this, and did
you have to upgrade or configure something to do it?

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574