One year in 26 hours. Not bad at all.

deane@gooroos.com deane@gooroos.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:42:41 -0800

I wanted to use gnucash to handle the books for the small software business
that my partner and I run.  However, we work in two currencies -- Canadian
and US -- and when I tried to use gnucash 1.6.x, it simply wasn't up to the
task.

So I looked at the list of features in the current development version,
saw that currency handling was being improved, and decided to give it
another try using 1.7.3.

There were a few bugs -- not unexpected given that this is a development
branch -- but all told it worked out quite well.

This is the first time that I've ever used a package like this (no Quicken
user, I) and I haven't taken any accounting courses since high-school.
But, using our 2001 accounts as a test, I managed to get everything in and
balanced in about 26 hours.  Although we're not a high-volume business, I
still think that for a neophyte like myself to get an entire year's
transactions in in just 26 hours, means that the gnucash developers are
doing something right.

So kudos to you all, and keep up the good work.

  - deane                          Gooroos Software: Plugging you into Maya

                          Visit http://www.gooroos.com for more information