Business Setup

Lane P. Lester llester@simpub.com
16 Dec 2002 11:24:23 -0500

I've been using GnuCash since April, and I've just now realized that my
account setup is not what it should be. Everything's fine with my
personal accounts; my business accounts are the problem.

I don't necessarily want all the accounts to make an accountant happy; I
just want what's needed for an accurate picture of what's going on.

The main source of income for my business is publishing a single book.
The major expense is for printing, and most of the sales are to
bookstores. I would like to have the value of the inventory show up
somewhere, but it doesn't.

Can you point me to some information for setting up the appropriate
accounts?

Lane
--
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
Running LindowsOS--Linux for former Windows users