Problems with HBCI-Account

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:17:53 +0100

Stephan Budach wrote:

> I am running GnuCash 1.7.5 with openhbci enabled and I have successfully
> configured my bank account that is HBCI enabled as my GnuCash Bank account.

Good to hear. What is the name of your bank? We'd like to add this to
the "list of banks known to be working".

> Now, when I try the online actions for getting my bank accountīs report
> GnuCash states that there are no transactions, nor can I get the
> accountīs total. While this might be, sionce I donīt know if my bank
> supports this online action, there surely should be something in the
> accountīs report.
>
> Where am I to look for errors?

This might be due to the fact that by default, Gnucash/OpenHBCI uses the
simplest HBCI version available. The solution might be just to switch to
a more sophisticated HBCI version (2.1 or 2.2 instead of 2.01). The
functionality to switch the HBCI version has been implemented on Dec 7,
so it is not yet in 1.7.5 but it is in CVS and it will be in 1.7.6,
which is due to be released this week.

Until then, you can perform this step by hand, following the
instructions provided here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2574460

Christian