Brazilian customized accounts

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:50:15 +0100

Dimas Toledo Silva wrote:

> I'm using a portuguese version of gnucash and want to create a home
> basic group of accounts. I saw this in the portuguese manual, but I
> did'nt find how I can get the templates from gnucash.

When you create a new Gnucash data file by clicking File -> New, do you
see the "new account setup druid"? Does this druid suggest a set of
default accounts in Brazilian Portugese? If not, you might need to set

export LANG=pt_BR

and run gnucash again. If this still doesn't work, you need to tell us
in detail which program versions you are using: Which gnucash is this,
which distribution, what are your locale setting, etc. etc.

Christian