Getting gnucash 1.7.5 running

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
20 Dec 2002 23:26:58 +1100

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 20:04, Hugh A.J. Kennedy wrote:
> Hi Conrad,
> The configure didn't pick up the dependency and yes, it turns out that I had
> the old g-wrap. (Someone else suggested strace). I have tried to build the
> new one but to no avail (see the listing below). Make bugs out with an error
> when building gw-standard.lo.
> gw-standard.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/gw-standard.lo
> cc1: changing search order for system directory "/usr/include"
> cc1:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
> make: *** [gw-standard.lo] Error 1

Hugh,
This is a known problem with g-wrap and gcc 3.0+ compilers. The
developer of g-wrap is aware of the problem and is working on it. The
work-around is to remove the "-Werror" from all the Makefile.am files in
the g-wrap tree then rerun ./configure.

Sorry its proving to be a bit of a drama.

Conrad.