Gnucash Installation Question

Chris Vine chris@cvine.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 14:15:30 +0000

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 at 16:08:15 Jeremy T. Brown jtbrown@utk.edu wrote:

>I am currently attempting to build Slackware 8.1 packages for the latest
>release of Gnucash and dependencies not included in the Slackware 8.1
>distribution (currently this includes slib, g-wrap, and guppi).  In the past
>have been able to successfully compile and install Gnucash, so I know it's
>possible.  But now when I compile Gnucash and all of its dependencies, I get
>the error:

>ERROR: no such module (g-wrapped gw-runtime)

>For reference, I'm using gnucash 1.6.8, guppi 0.40.2, and g-wrap 1.2.1.

I have Slackware 8.1, and I have had problems running gnucash-1.7.6.  It
appears now that it arose from a binary incompatibility between gcc-2.95.3
and gcc-3.2.1.  I had compiled g-wrap-1.3.4 and gnucash-1.7.6 with gcc-3.2.1
and was running them against the Slackware 8.1 versions of guppi and guile
(which have been compiled with gcc-2.95.3).  I solved this by re-compiling
g-wrap and gnucash with gcc-2.95.3 as supplied with Slackware 8.1, and it
works fine.  (See a different thread on this mailing list).

Just to see what would happen I managed to reproduce your problem with
g-wrap-1.1.11 and gnucash-1.6.8 by compiling them with gcc-3.2.1.  When
compiled with gcc-3.2.1, they give the same error message that you report
above.  If compiled with gcc-2.95.3 they work fine.

If you have installed gcc-3.2, try recompiling g-wrap and gnucash with
gcc-2.95.3.  They should then work on Slack 8.1.

Chris.