...forgot to mention (reconcile)

Christopher A. Nielsen chris@zorinco.com
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:52:01 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I just did a reconcile.
I entered the ending balance from the bank statement. The beginning
balance was $3.55 off. All items that were not cleared were on the
statement. It was off, so I did reconcile->finish.

I tried doing reconcile again (as if it's next month and I have another
statement). The "beginning balance" was *NOT* what my current statement
lists as ending balance as expected. The beginning balance was what my
gnucash is saying my current balance in the account.

This makes no sense to me. I would think the "beginning balance" would be
what the "ending balance" is on the previous bank statement... And it
seems there's no way to change it in the "reconcile info" screen.

Thanks for any advice!

-C

--
Christopher Nielsen    chris@ZORINco.com    http://ZORINco.com
 Makers of fine microcontroller products -

     C  O  N  T  R  O  L    Y  O  U  R    W  O  R  L  D