Reconciliation

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 15:17:05 -0500

In a message dated: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 11:44:41 PST
"Christopher A. Nielsen" said:

>One persistant problem I'm running into is that when I reconcile, the
>beginning balance is off, and there seems to be no way to correct it. I'm
>not sure of the proper procedure to follow if it is not what the bank
>statement says.

Make an opening balance transaction of the same amount on the bank
statement which transfers the money in from an "Equity" account.

That should do it.
--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon