Need help after upgrade!

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
09 Feb 2002 20:33:16 -0800

--=-2OKEfbSZ3Lz3k2UnwFys

On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 19:09, Michael Jay Sherman wrote:
>=20
> But why is that _required_ now?  It would be nice if I could disable that
> balancing popup so I could just go on my merry way using the app.  So, if=
 I'm to
> do what you say, I have to re-structure my ENTIRE setup to now include ne=
> "accounts" such as gasoline, groceries, etc.  I only want TWO accounts in=
 the
> system: checking and savings.  I do NOT want to have to worry about any o=
ther
> accounts.  Period.  It would be a shame if I could not continue to use it=
 in the
> manner I have been.  There must be some optional settings to control this=
, right?

You just need to add one more account, a miscellaneous account
that you use for all transactions that are not between your
original two.

There is no option to disable this feature. If you really don't
like it, you should probably just downgrade to 1.4. All the really
new features, like reports, etc. are pretty useless if you don't
use double-entry accounting.

dave

--=-2OKEfbSZ3Lz3k2UnwFys

--=-2OKEfbSZ3Lz3k2UnwFys--