Split Transactions question

Dave Carrigan dave@rudedog.org
22 Feb 2002 09:40:10 -0800

waxmop@gtcinternet.com writes:

> Hi -
>
> I'm not sure how to book a transaction.  My job reimbursed me for a class
> I'm taking.  First, I paid for the class from my checking account:
>
> 	credit: asset checking account
> 	debit: expenses education account
>
> Now I got the check from my job in order to reimburse me.  The
> reimbursement was added into my regular biweekly paycheck.  My regular
> salary is $100 per paycheck (these are made up numbers) and the
> reimbursement is for $200, so I got a check for $300 this time.
>
> Here's how I normally process my paychecks:
>
> 	debit: asset checking account
> 	credit: income salary account.

On that particular paycheck, do a split. Add 200 to debit: expenses
education account and add $100 to credit: income salary
account. Afterwards, if you look at you education account, you'll see
that the $200 is on the other side of the debit/expense columns,
effectively lowering the total in that account.

--
Dave Carrigan (dave@rudedog.org)            | Yow! Civilization is fun!
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | Anyway, it keeps me busy!!