Inflated stock transactions in QIF import

Frank Murphy fjm_maillists@yahoo.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 23:09:06 +0100

I've just started using GnuCash 1.6.5 on Debian. Very cool.

I was using Quicken about 4 years ago, and I have a QIF export of
that data. The GnuCash import was nice and verbose. However, it seems
that the QIF import misses the decimal point sometimes in (at least)
asset transactions. So, instead of 2,000, I have 200,000. Nice,
kinda. I looks like it's only half the transaction that gets
inflated, the asset side.

I looked in the QIF file, and the transactions for this date look
right (2,000.00, not 200,000).

Also, some of the transactions end up with a negative price, which I
found surprising.

Is this a known bug? Do you need more info?

Frank