Saving settings in reports and other woes

Rick Miles rickfrm@rocketisp.com
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:03:46 +1100

After much trial and tribulation I got the Gnucash 1.6.2  up and running in
my box. I had tried rpm packages downloaded from the net but dependency
problems could never quite be resolved. Finally settled on installing off
Mandrake 8.1 download edition as an upgrade option.

Al l seemed to work fine until I started entering transactions and could not
get them to show up in the transaction report. Message always said that there
were no transactions for given time interval. Account summary and Balance
sheets pop up just fine but than they don't rely on from then to now settings

Ok, fine, so I check my reporting time in the options menue and the 'from'
and 'to' settings always show the same day

It turns out that no matter what I do to change the settings from the options
menu the setting goes back to the current date in both boxes.

I looked around for a relevant config file figuring I'd do it manually but I
could not identify any file which would hold the settings in something I
could change in an editor.

Is this a known problem with this version? Or mght there be something wrong
with my particular installation.

I figured I'd try Gnucash 1.6.5 which I downloaded as a .tar.gz file from
gnucash.org but could compile it.

I can do some things in Linux but in this instance after running
'./configure' I couldn't get 'make' let alone 'make install to run.

I spent allot of time (and experienced allot of frustration) on the box over
the holiday break getting things set up just as a like it.

I'm sufferuing configuration burnout and would appreciate it if anyone might
be able to point me in the right direction on either of these things.

Im running Mandrake 8.1 download edition and use KDE for the desktop although
I have a complete Gnome installation on board so that I can run the odd Gnome
ap if I like it. I have plenty of CPU and RAM and about everything else seems
to work well except for the odd Xwindows hiccup.

Cheers

Rick Miles